B.G. Somadder & Sons Pvt. Ltd. is one of the oldest Customs Brokers, International Freight Forwarders, having been established in the year 1920. It was Late B. G. Somadder who got the license to operate as a Customs authorized Shipping and Clearing Agent way back in 1920. B. G. Somadder & Sons Pvt. Ltd. has been rendering its professional and sincere service to the Exim Trade of the country with Mr. Debashis Dutta in its helm. The group is well set to launch itself into the next league and is the first Customs Broker in Kolkata having the AEO Certification.
- Since very beginning our organisation has been awarded substantial contracts by various Govt. and non-Govt. Importers/Exporters, for clearance of import/export consignments as well as for warehousing and onward transportation of the same, up to the site of the Importers. Government Enterprises/Undertakings and also many leading Private/Public Sectors are our valuable clients.
- The company has been successfully rendering its sincere service as Service Provider for Customs & Port clearance of Bulk consignments/Break Bulk consignments of various organizations to their entire satisfaction.
- In the private sector, we are the authorised clearing, forwarding and transport Agent of M/s. ITC Ltd., Paperboards & Specialty Papers Divn. for last three decades. We do clear about 300 containers of Paper Pulp consignments per month from Kolkata, Haldia Port coupled with substantial air and LCL consignments.
- Besides clearance of imported Sea & Air consignments and shipment of export consignments, the Company is also engaged as Land Customs House Agent for export of Dry Fly Ash from CESC, Budge Budge Jetty to Bangladesh through riverine route.
- We are the only Customs Broker in Kolkata to have our own dedicated Bedding, Packing and Lashing work force. We render our service for Coal India Ltd., Bokaro Steel Plant, Northern Coalfields Ltd.
- We are having our Corporate Office at Kolkata and Branches at Haldia, Kolkata Airport & Paradip Port with an organized infrastructure at all our offices. We have staff strength of around 75 employees to facilitate clearance of imported consignments, as well as for handling of export consignments. We have an experience of clearing 23 Air import consignments belonged to Vodafone in a single day.
Our journey which began way back in 1920 is continuing till date with increasing vigor and viability with the sole objective being balanced progress with personality concept in the service to the Nation.